Swayam Portal for Free Learning a new programme initiated by M.H.R.D [Government of India]] under Digital India to give a coordinated stage and free entry to web courses, covering all advanced education, High School and skill sector courses. Swayam portal provides free online courses and 32 Swayam DTH Channels across the country. This portal has been launched to cover all students who are untouched from education.
Swayam Portal for Free Learning
The courses hosted on portal for free learning are in 4 quadrants – (1) video lecture, (2) specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed (3) self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes and (4) an online discussion forum for clearing the doubts. Courses delivered through online portal are available free of cost to the learners, however learners wanting a SWAYAM certificate should register for the final proctored exams that come at a fee and attend in-person at designated centres on specified dates.
All the courses offered by SWAYAM are recognized by the government of India. All the courses are valid in the country.
|Developed by||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and NPTEL, IIT Madras with the help of Google Inc. and Persistent Systems Ltd.|
|Courses hosted on Swayam||(1) video lecture|
|(2) specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed|
| (3) self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes|
|(4) an online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.|
|Out of School Education|
|Under Graduate Education|
|Post Graduate Education|
|Cost||Free of Cost|
in order to ensure that the best quality content produce and delivered, 9 National Coordinators have been appointed they are,
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) for self-paced and international courses
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) for Engineering
- UGC (University Grants Commission) for nontechnical post-graduation education
- CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication) for under-graduate education
- NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) for college education
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) for college education
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for out-of-school students
- IIMB (Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore) for management studies
- NITTTR (National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research) for Teacher educational program
Swayam Free Learning Benefits
- Best in Class Instructors
- Weekly Assignment
- Proctored Exam
- Easy Credit Transfer
- Active Local Chapters
- Systematic Approach
How to Register on Swayam Portal
- Go to the official website on swayam.gov.in
- Then click on the SIGN IN / REGISTER button on the top right corner as given in the below image.
- A new page will open, click the Sign up now link below the login form as given in the below image.
- Fill all the required details in the form including the verification code received on email by clicking the Send Verification Code button and submit the form by clicking on the CREATE button at the bottom.
- Your registration on the Swayam portal is complete and you can now log in and start learning.